Visit American Studies at the KSU Grad Fairs
• October 16, 2013 - 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.- KSU Grad Fair, KSU Center, Room 400 (3333 Busbee Drive, Kennesaw)
• October 22, 2013 - 10:00 - 2:00 p.m. - KSU Grad Fair, Student Center, University Rooms, (1000 Chastain Road, Kennesaw)
MA in American Studies Application Deadlines: Rolling Admissions for Spring 2014 begin October 1st and continue through December 1.
Apply early to be eligible to apply for any available graduate assistant positions. Graduate assistantships include a tuition waiver and a stipend of $8000.00 per year.
As you consider your plans for 2014 there are many good reasons to pursue a Master of Arts in American Studies at Kennesaw State.
1) American Studies will increase your knowledge of America's diverse history and literature, and enhance your critical analysis of popular media, making you a good candidate for jobs in media, education, public service, public history, or in corporate diversity outreach.
2) The Professional Standards Commission of Georgia has approved the MAST Program for an infield teacher certification upgrade for the following fields: History (grades 6-12) English (grades 6-12) Social Studies (middle grades) and Language Arts (middle grades).
3) Kennesaw State's American Studies program emphasizes analytical reading and writing, skills that top the list of those desired by the majority of employers.
4) American Studies at Kennesaw State has a strong focus on applied scholarship, preparing students for careers beyond academia, including work in secondary education and administration, museums, and public service.
5) American Studies courses at Kennesaw State approach the study of the U.S., Canada, and Latin America in a global context, preparing our students for careers requiring knowledge beyond U.S. boundaries as well as of immigrant communities inside the U.S.
Whatever your reasons, consider applying for the MA in American Studies Program at Kennesaw State University. The application deadline is approaching quickly. (Please see below to see what's needed in your application packet. If these dates don't work for your schedule, please feel free also to set an appointment to talk with the MA Director, Dr. Rebecca Hill (770-797-7543), email: email@example.com
Check out our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/American Studies Program at Kennesaw State University
Application Deadlines: Applications for spring and fall semesters will be accepted on a rolling basis with review to begin on October 1. Students seeking graduate assistantships are encouraged to apply well before the final deadlines of Dec 1 (spring) and July 1 (fall).
Online Graduate Application – There is a nonrefundable $60 fee.
Transcripts – Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution.
GRE Score Report – Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU-Code 5359. (TOFEL scores for international applicants). GPA – The program minimum is 2.75 for all undergraduate courses from the degree-granting institution, but we expect the incoming class will average above 3.0.
Letter of Application – Should be in the form of a narrative which describes your education and/or professional background, your future goals, and how admission into the American Studies M.A. Program at Kennesaw State University will help you accomplish these goals. The letter should be specific to the program and should be 3-5 double-spaced pages.
Writing Sample – This can be a paper you submitted for a previous class, however, it should be consistent with the program content and student goals. The writing sample should demonstrate the writing skills you have developed as a student and/or professional. The sample should be relevant to the field of American Studies broadly defined, and it should be refined and revised to fit within 5-7 double-spaced pages.
Resume (Optional) – No C.V. or resume is required. However, you may submit a current copy of your student and/or professional curriculum vitae or resume.
Letters of Recommendation (Optional) – Submit up to two letters of recommendation concerning your academic and/or professional preparation for the M.A. program. International Students (Visa and Green Card holders) –
Please go to: http://www.kennesaw.edu/graduate/admissions/intlreqtsnew.htmlfor additional requirements. Graduate Application Procedures and Checklist: http://www.kennesaw.edu/graduate/admissions/onlineapplication.shtml MAST Program at Kennesaw State University 1000 Chastain Road, #2208 Kennesaw, GA 30144 http://amst.hss.kennesaw.edu Phone: 678-797-2431 770-794-7543 Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: October 7, 2013